What if every church and every ministry focused their mission on participating with God's mission through Jesus Christ and the ministry of the Holy Spirit through these verses?
The Spirit of the Sovereign LORD is on me, because the LORD has anointed me to proclaim good news to the poor. He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted, to proclaim freedom for the captives and release from darkness for the prisoners, to proclaim the year of the LORD’s favor and the day of vengeance of our God, to comfort all who mourn, and provide for those who grieve in Zion—to bestow on them a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of joy instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair. They will be called oaks of righteousness, a planting of the LORD for the display of his splendor. They will rebuild the ancient ruins and restore the places long devastated; they will renew the ruined cities that have been devastated for generations.
In the name of Jesus Christ who reigns with YOU and the Holy Spirit, ONE GOD, now and forever, we pray that we will participate with your mission of;
* Proclaiming Good News to the poor.
* Binding up the brokenhearted.
* Proclaiming freedom for the captives.
* Release of darkness for prisoners.
* Proclaiming the year of the LORD's favor and the day of vengeance of our God.
* Comforting those who mourn and provide for those who grieve.
* Bestowing a crown of beauty instead of ashes, oil of joy instead of mourning and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair.
* Becomming oaks of righteousness displaying God's slendor.
* Rebuilding and restoring devastated and ruined cities.
God of the hopeless and the hopeful, hear these prayers that, we, as people filled with hope, may be your presence with those who are hopeless. Amen.