Theologian Thomas Oden makes the following list in light of trying to understand the Presence of God.
* God is naturally present in every aspect of the natural order.
* God is actively present in a different way in every event in history.
* God is in a special way attentively present to those who call upon God's name.
* God is judicially present in moral awareness, through conscience.
* God is bodily present in the incarnation of Jesus Christ, the son of God.
* God is mystically present in the Eucharist.
* God is sacredly present and becomes known in special places where God chooses to meet us.